Options

Upgrade from Nav 2018 to BC: How to handle customer data?

StLiStLi Member Posts: 83
Hello there,

A simple question with a not so simple answer: How do you upgrade Customerdata into BC or consequently into Extensions?
I'm looking for anyone who already did it. MS' Guides seam quite useless in that regard as they only care about their standard fields and data. Which does not have to get exported into Extensions.

I Work for an ISV. We are currently developing extensions to replace the C/Side modifications we used to do for our customers. As you can imagine, there are also some Fields involved and we'd really like to allow our customers to switch to BC as fast as possible without losing their data. We're still in development, but We are already wondering how this process will be done best in the future.

Can we just build an Upgradecodeunit in extension form with buffertables and everything? I can see some trouble coming towards us if i try to publish/install an extension while in the middle of the upgrade process. Has anyone a good example? (can be in form of a blogpost)

Thanks for your input

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    TallyHoTallyHo Member Posts: 383
    edited 2018-12-04
    Tables in C/AL in the 5xxxx object range, can they be migrated in one step to AL? Or do we transfer the data to buffertables first and delete the C/Al object?