Options

[2017] Export-NAVApplicationObject error "This database is registered with several..."

NAV version: 2017

Hello,

I am trying to export out all of our NAV objects to a txt in order to compare our TEST and PROD environment and see a diff between the objects.
However the first step in this - trying to execute "Export-NAVApplicationObject" in "Development Shell" or running "finsql" manually gives me the same error:
[0] This database is registered with several NAV Server instances. You must choose an instance to use before performing this activity. Do you want to continue?
[18023699] You do not have permission to read the '<tablename>' Table. Contact your system administrator to have your permissions changed.

I get the error about the table which is weird since I do have "Owner"-rights on the DB I am trying to export out objects from but the first error regarding several NAV server instances really annoy me!

There is no syntax to specify "NAVServerInstance" for "Export-NAVApplicationObject" or in finsql.

The database in question is indeed used by multiple instances but even if I shut them down so I only have one instance with the DB running I still get that error.

I guess I could manually do this through "NAV Development Environment" but I want to do this through the commandline in order to automate this further on.

Thanks for your time and help!

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    CloudViking86CloudViking86 Member Posts: 6
    edited 2018-11-27
    [18023699] You do not have permission to read the '<tablename>' Table. Contact your system administrator to have your permissions changed.

^ That error was because the object / table in question was in a range above 99999 and isn't covered by our license to export. I manually specified the range of the objects through "ID=0..99999" and then it went through!

I did not receive the same error regarding the NAV-server instances which was weird.
  • Options
    CloudViking86CloudViking86 Member Posts: 6
    RemkoD wrote: »
    Which cumulative update do you use?

Platform fix
    NAV 2017 cumulative update 19 id 235020
    "This database is registered with several NAV Server instances. You must choose an instance to use before performing this activity. Do you want to continue?" error message when you try to export an object to a .txt file by using the Export-NAVApplicationObject cmdlet.

Platform bug
    The database in question is indeed used by multiple instances but even if I shut them down so I only have one instance with the DB running I still get that error.

You can also check the table 2000000112 - 'Server Instance' to validate if there are more than one records. But it might be a platform bug that this error is logged even if there is only one record.

Work-around
    If I recall correctly the workaround is to stop all service tiers.

Thank you very much.
    We are running CU3 (10.0.15140.0) so applying the latest CU is definitely something that we have been discussing however since it also involves upgrading the objects it has held us back since our developers have quite a backlog. "Just" doing a technical upgrade without updating the objects is a possibility though which we have done earlier.

We managed to resolve it by manually specifying the range of objects so we excluded the objects that weren't covered in our license and in regards to the other error it "just worked" after running the command again.