Failing extension prevent starting svc tier thus preventing uninstallation of the failing extension

ThilemannThilemann Member Posts: 4
Hi guys.
I'm having trouble at a customer. Their svc tier cannot start after a server update, getting the error below.
They are running NAV 2018 23019 with the three danish extensions installed.

EventTime: 11/07/2018 19:06:05 Message (NavAppObjectMetadataException): Exception: NavAppObjectMetadataException An error occurred while applying changes from the 'Payment and Reconciliation Formats (DK) by Microsoft 1.0.23019.0' app to the application object of type 'PageExtension' with the ID '13616'. The error was: InvalidOperationException - Metadata delta application failed due to the following error(s): The metadata object Creditor No. was not found.

I didn't do the update and is no expert in this field. But i would like to uninstall the failing Extension, to make the system run again. But i cannot install the extension, when the svc tier is not running on the server.

Any help is very much appreciated

Best Answer

• ThilemannThilemann Member Posts: 4
    Answer ✓
    Found the error/solution myself.
    The customer had made changes to p51, which is extended by the FIK-extension.

They removed the Creditor no., so the code below failed because it could not addafter the creditor no.

Found the error by looking through the source code for FIK-extension. Found this.

pageextension 13616 PurchaseInvoice extends "Purchase Invoice"
    {
    layout
    {
    addafter("Creditor No.")
    {
    field("Giro Acc. No.";GiroAccNo)
    {
    ApplicationArea = Basic,Suite;
    ToolTip = 'Specifies the vendor''s giro account.';
    }
    }
    modify("Creditor No.")
    {
    }
    modify("Payment Reference")
    {
    }
    }
    }

Answers

• ThilemannThilemann Member Posts: 4
    Answer ✓
    Found the error/solution myself.
    The customer had made changes to p51, which is extended by the FIK-extension.

They removed the Creditor no., so the code below failed because it could not addafter the creditor no.

Found the error by looking through the source code for FIK-extension. Found this.

pageextension 13616 PurchaseInvoice extends "Purchase Invoice"
    {
    layout
    {
    addafter("Creditor No.")
    {
    field("Giro Acc. No.";GiroAccNo)
    {
    ToolTip = 'Specifies the vendor''s giro account.';
    }
    }