Connecting NAV to MySQL

RahilaRahila Member Posts: 16
Hello, I want to create a connection between my NAV 2018 and external DB MySQL . I just need a basic connection message when the connection is built successfully.

Answers

• Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    edited 2018-11-06
    Look at Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects automation objects. You will find a Connection object there:
    ADOConn : 'Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.8 Library'.Connection

IF ISCLEAR(ADOConn) THEN
      CREATE(ADOConn);
    ADOConn.Open(ConnectionString);// check www.connectionstrings.com/mysql/ for connection string syntax

Edit
    the above is for NAV 2009 of former, Classic Client, for NAV 2018 please post in correct forum
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • RahilaRahila Member Posts: 16
    Look at Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects automation objects. You will find a Connection object there:
    ADOConn : 'Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.8 Library'.Connection

IF ISCLEAR(ADOConn) THEN
      CREATE(ADOConn);
    ADOConn.Open(ConnectionString);// check www.connectionstrings.com/mysql/ for connection string syntax

Edit
    the above is for NAV 2009 of former, Classic Client, for NAV 2018 please post in correct forum

Thanks for the reply but when i am doing exactly the same but while compiling i get the error that "You cannot create and AUtomation object "ADOConnection" on Microsoft Dynamics NAV Serevr. You must create it on a client computer."

mggldrc6nvoe.png
  • RahilaRahila Member Posts: 16
    BlackTiger wrote: »
    There is .NET Connector for MySQL - https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/8.0.html

Thank you for the reply. Can you please give me the syntax as well like how to create after downloading .
  • Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    edited 2018-11-07
    Rahila wrote: »
    ...Edit
    the above is for NAV 2009 of former, Classic Client...

Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,088
    [Topic moved from 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum to 'NAV Three Tier' forum]

Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Tony_NCDTony_NCD Member Posts: 32
    Sounds like all you need to do is set the ADO object that you defined, to run on client as opposed to the server.