Options

Replication of the table 17 G / L Entry

amisdesagaamisdesaga Member Posts: 9
Hello,
I installed Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 and for reasons of internet connection (unstable connection), I had to proceed to two standalone installations of the solution on both sites of the client who is very distant.
Currently, I am coding an ETL with SQL Server for periodic synchronization of data from the subsidiary to headquarters.
I want to know what precaution to take (G/L Entry table):
  • To insert subsidiary data without overwriting or replacing headquarters data?
  • To change the branch data already synchronized to reflect changes that occurred after the last synchronization.

Comments

• Options
    Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    "easy".

Just keep G/L, Customer/Vendor/Bank/+ ledger entries, basically all *Entry table PKs unique and non conflicting between databases, yet still internally consistent. Did I mention various Register tables, master tables, history, document tables - just in case the same number series have been used on both sites? Opps, can't change document numbers in document tables as they have been printed on official legal documens, (invoices, etc). Hmm....

NAV has not been designed with any form of replication in mind. Almost every bit in its design (table structure) goes againt the replication idea. Just bear this in your mind.

I'd like to write no, it cannot be done, but if you are really desperate there is slight chance that you manage to solve all the replication conflicts witout damagind integrity of the data.

Having said that - there are 3rd party products, which are designed to achieve something similar - to have a central NAV database and local databases in branches and synchronise data between them. But they do not di just a replication, they also ensure that there will be no conflicts during replication when the data is generated (transactions are posted)
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • Options
    Actually, I made the ETL by modifying the "Entry No" and the "Transaction No" to avoid the conflict but after a time of exploitation, I notice that certain insertions are not done precisely because of the conflicts of "Entry No" Number.
    In the ETL before updating the data of the subsidiary, I check well "Entry No", "Transaction No", "Posting Date" and "document No" and it avoids me to make a bad update.
    Can you tell me the third-party tools you are talking about?
  • Options
    Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    As far as I know the K3retail and the LSRetail have such a product, or at least something allowing you to 'synchronize' the databases
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • Options
    Hello,
    I looked a little consolidation but my problem at his time, I need to synchronize documents (invoice, order) in addition to the accounting entries (general, customer, vendor, Fixed Asset, bank).

For the proposed tools, I will take attach to see this.