Options

API - Deep Insert not working in custom entity

waitwait Member Posts: 53
Hi, I'm creating custom API in NAV 2018, I used pages 5475 and 5476 as a reference.

I think I have done my pages with the same architect, the same properties set and same functionality as the standard pages but when I try to do deep insert into my custom entity only the header data get's created and no triggers in the subpage get touched and nothing get's created (works like a charm in the standard pages).

I tried to copy standard API pages to new numbers, gave them new entity names and then I got the same results as with my custom entity, the header data got created but nothing happened with the subpage, nothing got created and no triggers touched. I think this tells me that there is some step I'm missing when adding a new entity with a subpage rather than something is wrong with my entities.

Is it possible this has something to do with the Integrate API's function in the API Setup or is it possible I need to create codeunit similar to 5476 for this to work?

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Argh! I spent way to much time figuring out that the name property needs to be the same as the EntitySetName property when linking then API page and the subpage together. I think I read the whole internet on the NAV API and this was never mentioned.

dtwey9281i3n.png

Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Argh! I spent way to much time figuring out that the name property needs to be the same as the EntitySetName property when linking then API page and the subpage together. I think I read the whole internet on the NAV API and this was never mentioned.

dtwey9281i3n.png