UnhandledErrorMessage in PowerShell

spider1269spider1269 Member Posts: 67
I'm trying to use the Export-NAVApplicationObject script in PowerShell but I'm getting the following error:

"UnhandledErrorMessage System.TypeInitializationException The type initializer for Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Model.TypeSystem.WindowsLanguageHelper' threw an exception."

It seems specific to a Codeunit but I can't see anything unusual about it. I'm assuming its related to one of the base languages but I've even tried deleting the Languages in a test database but it still throws the error. I'm getting the error in a NAV 2015 8.0.40459 Cronus database.

Best Answer

• spider1269spider1269 Member Posts: 67
    Answer ✓
    This is resolved. There was something funky in the .txt file that was being exported. I fixed the issue by adding the -PreserveFormatting parameter.

Answers

Update: It looks like the Split-NAVApplicationObjectFile script is what is ultimately causing the error. When I was debugging it didn't look like it had gotten to this point.
    Answer ✓
    This is resolved. There was something funky in the .txt file that was being exported. I fixed the issue by adding the -PreserveFormatting parameter.