Extension Challenges

I have recently started moving our existing IP into using subscriber events, but I have come across a number of challenges which I was hoping to get some advice on:

Exit Clauses with Functions on a Table:

Example: In certain circumstances I would like to stop the "UpdateDirectUnitCost" being triggered (Exited) when I have a parameter set on the Purchase & Payables Setup.

1) I cannot add the code to the subscriber event for the field as this would involve adding conditional code before function call within the field validation

2) I can utilise the OnBeforeModify, using Rec & XRec, but it seems massively clumsy/error-prone

3) I could add an Exit directly into the UpdateDirectUnitCost Function, but does this contravene best practice

Style Expressions On Page:

Example: In certain circumstance I would like to use the style expression to alert users to specific conditions

1) As far as I can see there is no way to work with Events to set the StyleExpression, as with the above I could leave the existing code but does this contravene best practice?

Thanks for the help in Advance

Tim

Answers

• BlackTigerBlackTiger Posts: 1,178Member
    Microsoft knows the best. Ah, sorry... This is not "HelloWorld"...
    "You can’t just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them.
    By the time you get it built, they’ll want something new.” Steve Jobs