Calling Dynamics NAV Page Web services from .NET Core (Read SubPage Data)

averiedaveried Member Posts: 1
edited 2018-09-27 in NAV Three Tier
Wonder if anyone has experienced with connecting to NAV Web services from a .NET Core app.

The main issue I'm having is when calling Services like the SalesHeader Page SOAP WS. When I call the Read method, the Sales Lines are returned as null (I guess any SubPage data will return as null).

I'm not sure if this is happening since NAV 2018 or even before, as I can see some blogs describing a succesful connection, but not confirming if the Read Operation succesfully returns the SubPage data

Testing with Postman, I can see the response is correct, as Sales Lines are there in the response. The problem seems to be with the proxies generated by .NET tools.

I've tried adding a service reference from visual studio to http://NAVSERVER:7047/DynamicsNAV110/WS/CRONUS España S.A./Page/SalesOrder

i've tried using the Microsoft WCF Web Service Reference Provider

Odata Tools are just a nightmare, in my experience it's better to make manual requests, but the thing about ODATA is you won't get Page and Subpage in a single call, like you can with SOAP

The only generated proxy that works is the old .net 2.0 based "Add web reference" from Visual Studio, but this is not available for .NET Core.

So it's sad that we can't have a 100% functional solution at the moment. Other operations like Create are working correctly. The problem is reading Subpage data. Right now we are stuck with manual requests. Would be nice to have working Visual Studio generated proxies.

Please I'd be thankful if you have any insight about .NET Core and NAV integrations, as .NET Core is trending right now, and I guess soon we will need external apps to interact with NAV.