Options

Inter Bin transfer of goods in the same warehouse location

navbeginnernavbeginner Member Posts: 23
edited 2018-09-25 in NAV Three Tier
Hello Experts,

I was looking into NAV for accommodating a scenario where goods are purchased and put in one Bin (say Bin Code 001) and is then sold from another Bin (say Bin Code 002), though both bins are in the same location. This happens because after purchase the goods are subjected to minor changes (just to mention, these changes are not full fledged production). Thus we have goods which have been changed which should lie in Bin Code 002 and goods yet to be changed after purchase lying in Bin Code 001.
But when I try to sell the goods only Bin Code 001 appears.
Please suggest.

Answers

• Options
    xStepaxStepa Member Posts: 106
    use the warehouse reclass. journal to move it
    Regards
    xStepa
  • Options
    Hi xStepa,

Thanks a lot for your reply. But the we don't have a extended pack license, so the warehouse reclass. journal is not available in our case.
    Can you please suggest me a solution in our case?
  • Options
    Experts,
    Please suggest.
    Thanks
  • Options
    xStepaxStepa Member Posts: 106
    edited 2018-09-28
    Do you have an Internal Movement? I suppose no, but give it a try ...

Don't know how to do it other way - you should make a program function to move proper Qty from one Bin to another ...

... or you mentioned some kind of production - maybe you can use classic item journal (transfer or neg+pos movement)
    Regards
    xStepa
  • Options
    golfergolfer Member Posts: 88
    Use Item Reclass. Journal to move between bins. If you start using Inventory Picks, it will recognize where the item is available and in this case pick will be from 001.