Using Active Sessions table in .al development

lvanvugtlvanvugt Posts: 772Member
edited 2018-09-16 in NAV Three Tier
The other day I ran into a strange issue. On my local system I had build a page extension on the Session List (PAG9506). This included an action that triggers code that references the "Session ID" field of the SourceTable (i.e. Active Session table (2000000110)). I could build en deploy the extension and found it working fine.
After this I had to deploy this extension to our centralized test database. I used VSCode to deploy it and got the error that "Session ID" was not know in this context and I could not deploy the extension.
So far I haven't found any indications why this happened. Do you? All ideas are welcome.
Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
Never stop learning
Van Vugt's dynamiXs
Dutch Dynamics Community

Best Answers

  • lvanvugtlvanvugt Posts: 772
    Accepted Answer
    In the database only a system.app showed when using Get-NAVAppInfo -SymbolsOnly. So I added the application.app and performed a full symbol generation. After that the issue was solved.
    Somewhat strange in my perception as, IMHO, Active Session table is part of the system.app.

    Regarding the issue: case closed.
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community

Answers

  • thomas_barbutthomas_barbut Posts: 17Member
    Hello Luc,

    Have you tried downloading the symbols again after authentication?
    CTRL + SHIFT+ P in VSCode and select Download Symbols.

    bc6ujsm2521w.png

    I had something similar few weeks ago and that solved my issue.

    best regards,
    Thomas Barbut
    best regards,
    Thomas Barbut
  • lvanvugtlvanvugt Posts: 772Member
    edited 2018-09-17
    Hello Luc,
    Have you tried downloading the symbols again after authentication?
    Thanx for your thought, Thomas. Feels like it did this a zillion time, but I will surely try again. ;-)

    Note (didn't write that in my original post; shame on me ;-): this extensions also references a number of standard objects and these all are fine. Leaving out the Sessions List extension, I could get my extension build and deployed, and see it was working just fine.
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • lvanvugtlvanvugt Posts: 772Member
    edited 2018-09-19
    Hello,
    Maybe they are different versions and the test database has a bug which has been solved in newer versions?
    Apart from that I'm out of ideas.
    Thanx for bearing with me, Thomas.
    Today I am going to check it, but we think it's the system app in the database that's out of date. We upgraded to NAV 2018 RTM this year and imported the system and application apps into the upgraded database. After that we upgraded to CU3 and later CU6. Not sure, but it seems that we have forgotten to update the system app accordingly.
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • lvanvugtlvanvugt Posts: 772Member
    Accepted Answer
    In the database only a system.app showed when using Get-NAVAppInfo -SymbolsOnly. So I added the application.app and performed a full symbol generation. After that the issue was solved.
    Somewhat strange in my perception as, IMHO, Active Session table is part of the system.app.

    Regarding the issue: case closed.
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • thomas_barbutthomas_barbut Posts: 17Member
    Hello,

    glad you were able to solved it.
    In order to identify in which of the .app the table is you can just unzip both .app files and open up the SymbolReference.json files within those Archives.

    Active Session Table is part of application.app.

    best regards,
    Thomas Barbut
Sign In or Register to comment.