Options

An attempt was made to change an old version of a User record.

wyiadminwyiadmin Member Posts: 2
We are new to Nav. We are accidentally changed one user’s [State] field in [User] table on the database level. Now when going to User screen within Nav, try to change something for the user, I am getting the following error:

An attempt was made to change an old version of a User record. Either another user has modified the record after it was retrieved from the database or this is a programming error.

Identification fields and Values: User Security ID =’{B3DF64A-….-….0D427BF}’

This only happens for one user. How to fix this error?

Best Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Hi Stawek,

Thanks for the response. As you said, the problem went away by itself after a couple of hours. Now I am kind of understanding what had happened here. When directly modifying a record in a table with SQL at the back end, there will be difference between the record within the internal NST cache and one in the database. After some time, the record within NST cache will be renewed with the new value from the database. Then this issue will go away automatically. Thanks again.

Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Hi Stawek,

Thanks for the response. As you said, the problem went away by itself after a couple of hours. Now I am kind of understanding what had happened here. When directly modifying a record in a table with SQL at the back end, there will be difference between the record within the internal NST cache and one in the database. After some time, the record within NST cache will be renewed with the new value from the database. Then this issue will go away automatically. Thanks again.