Best path back to Dynamics NAV?

langsterlangster Member Posts: 2
I'm looking to get back into the Dynamics NAV as a developer. It's been six years since I last worked for a Microsoft partner with Dynamics NAV. At the time I was working in a development and support role with Dynamics NAV 2009, MBS NAV 4.0 and MBS Navision 3.7.

In the last six years, I've been mostly doing web development, but I would like to move back to working with Dynamics NAV. Reading the material on Microsoft's site, I know there's an upcoming release of Microsoft 365 Business Centre, which I understand replaces Dynamics NAV 2016.

Does anyone have any advice with regards to certification, learning materials (books?) and software that I could use to kick-start this move back to Dynamics NAV?

Best Answer

• langsterlangster Member Posts: 2
    Answer ✓
    KTA8 wrote: »
    The core of code is still the same that you've left.

That's good to know, thanks!

Answers

• KTA8KTA8 Member Posts: 388
    First of all, business central is going to be a business model change for all partners because the idea change a lot. The long term idea is not "touching" the core of the application and customers will buy apps from different partners to expend application. But this change could take years depending the country and market from of the different partners.

There are plenty of companies that still have Dynamics NAV (last version 2018) and some of them aren't going to 365 because there to complex to do that. The core of code is still the same that you've left.
  • langsterlangster Member Posts: 2
    Answer ✓
    KTA8 wrote: »
    The core of code is still the same that you've left.

That's good to know, thanks!