Options

Shortcuts don't work after installing French language

JLeePlnrJLeePlnr Member Posts: 26
Hello NAV Experts,

My NAV 2009 R2 shortcuts to any servers and databases are stopped working since installing the French language. Everything was working fine before.

I got different error message than my users. Please help on how to fix this.

Here is the shortcut properties:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Classic\finsql.exe" ntauthentication=yes,servername=10.10.10.10,database=PLAYGROUND,id=u:\,company="ABC"

Here is the screenshot of the error messages.
91k5hyukodzm.png

Thanks alot!

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,096
    Instead of Yes, use 1.

The DB that the users use has the wrong license. or the customer's license has no access to those objects.

For the "Change Log Management": if the license has no access to it, check with a DEV license if there is a record in the Change Log Setup. If there is, delete the record.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    Appreciate your response @kriki !

Instead of Yes, use 1.
    It works, could you please explain the different between Yes and 1?

The DB that the users use has the wrong license. or the customer's license has no access to those objects.
    I double checked, the license is correct.

For the "Change Log Management": if the license has no access to it, check with a DEV license if there is a record in the Change Log Setup. If there is, delete the record.

We don't have permission on the Change Log Setup only. But, why the users getting permission errors on MBS Suite and EP Request Handler?

Thanks!!!!

• Options
    edited 2018-07-31
    kriki wrote: »
    1 is language independent. Yes is only valid for English based languages.

"Change Log Management". It is possible a developer/consultant used the development license and ran the change log setup page. This creates the record if it is not there. And if then, if someone runs NAV with the customer license that does not have the permission it gets the error. The only way is to delete the record in the Change log Setup table. This can also be done using a TSQL command.
    The same problem might be there for table "EP Appln. Server Setup" (Leading to the "EP Request Handler" problem).

For the menusuite, It could be that the user does not have access. A SUPER-user should not have the problem. If also the SUPER-user has a problem, the wrong license is in use.

Thank you very much @kriki !!