We have NAV 2017 and use EDI-Edifact to our satisfaction. However we wonder what is considered best practice in setting up the ´Delivery Party´s´ when the ´Buyer Party´ has multiple addresses and sometimes has an one-time drop shipment request?
Our assumptions and setup so far:
- an EDI ´Buying Party´ = NAV ´sell-to-customer´
- if such a party has multiple branches (Amsterdam branch, Rotterdam branch, etc..) then each branch is a NAV Ship-to-Adress = EDI ´Delivery Party´
- incoming EDI messages with a drop-shipment address creates errors as that ´delivery party/ship-to-adress´ does not exist in NAV
See attachment as an attempt to explain visually the above
1. Should each branch (Amsterdam, Rotterdam) have its own NAV customer number?
2. What is considered best practice in dealing with 1-time drop shipment adresses (EDI ´Delivery Party´ = NAV temporary Ship-to-Address)?
Thanks in advance for any tips!