Two NSTs for same database, but one with partner license

Hello my clever friends :-)

Is it possible to have two NSTs (NAV2018) running on the same server and database, to have different licenses? The reason for my question is the need of running special developer environments or tools on customers installation. I short, I need to start the customer’s NAV windows client with the partner license active. Uploading the license to the SQL server would do the trick for me. But as I see it, I would need to restart the NST. And of course, the customer would also be running on partner license which is a no-go.

So is the idea of creating a secondary NST ‘DynamicsNAV110Dev’ for developer use only possible?
eygub1psi9iq.png

In the old classic-days, you would just choose ‘change license’ in the client (finsql.exe) :-)

Any inputs on the problem are welcome.

/John
Regards,
John Reinhold

Best Answer

Answers

• DuikmeesterDuikmeester Member Posts: 304
    Use separate Program Files folders and replace the Cronus.flf file in those folders with the development/customer license should do the trick.
  • John_ReinholdJohn_Reinhold Member Posts: 19
    Thanks RemkoD and Duikmeester for your posts. I'll try the approach restarting NST "DynamicsNAVDev" right after license upload. In that manner I'll also can have webservice and more running on partner-license. And now I have an excuse to use PowerShell.
    In fact, I did suspect that this would be the answer, but it's great to be assisted by experienced people anyways.
    Regards,
    John Reinhold