Hi,

I am using NAV 2017 Cronus.
Item 80010 64 MB PC800 ECC
Inventory = 0
Sales Order =36
Reordering Policy: Fixed Reorder Qty.
Reorder Point = 50
Reorder Quantity = 100

Now I want to use Requisition Worksheet --> Calculate Plan.
Starting Date: filled
Ending Date: filled
Use forecast: Blank
Exclude Forecast Before: Blank
Filter by Item 80010

Result:
A line is created with action message new and only 36 in Qty.

Why is my Reordering Policy not in use?
What am I missing?
I have seen a lot of videos and reading a lot but I can't see any solution.
Please advice.

Best Answers

• Options
    BlackdiamondBlackdiamond Member Posts: 29
    Answer ✓
    @sorenhinrup
    Line does not present any warning.
    Start date and ending date is also correct comparing to shipment date on the sales orders.

Answer to my question which I just realized after a while and consulting with another NAV Expert is that I had checked "Location Mandatory" in my Inventory Setup. When I removed it, my requisition worksheet was working as it should.
    Thanks for your response.

Answers

• Options
    sorenhinrupsorenhinrup Member Posts: 136
    Does the line present any warning?
    How are the starting date and ending date, compared to the shipment date on the sales orders?
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    @sorenhinrup
    Line does not present any warning.
    Start date and ending date is also correct comparing to shipment date on the sales orders.

Answer to my question which I just realized after a while and consulting with another NAV Expert is that I had checked "Location Mandatory" in my Inventory Setup. When I removed it, my requisition worksheet was working as it should.
    Thanks for your response.
  • Options
    KishormKishorm Member Posts: 921
    @Blackdiamond - that is one way to get it working but it means that the users can now post to inventory with a blank location which a lot of companies don’t want. Another way around this issue is to set the “Components at Location” field on Manufacturing Setup - even if you don’t use manufacturing.
  • Options
    @Kishorm - Thanks for your feedback. I do realize that location can be mandatory in several companies. Therefore I have tried different sceneries:

#1 Inventory Setup, Location Mandatory: No
    Result Correct
    dk1o6tkg6ede.jpg

#2 Inventory Setup, Location Mandatory : Yes
    Result Wrong, only taking what is needed on Sales order and not considering reordering policy.
    rhsle5vqvovi.jpg

#3 Now your suggestion: Location Mandatory : Yes, Manufacturing Setup: Components at Location : Pluk
    Result? I can see 2 lines one with which is required from Sales order location blank and the other one from Location Pluk which is fulfilling reordering policy.
    hyrw1vsnds6p.jpg

This means in order to make it right, you have to write location code on Sales order, then only one line will be appeared in Req. Worksheet. Is that correctly understood from you point of view.
  • Options
    @kishorm Thanks :)