Options

Attempt to post Jnl Line clears ShortCutDim3 and then complains about missing Dim3

pdjpdj Member Posts: 643
(NAV2016 - Platform CU8 build 45046, Application CU5 build 45243)

I have a client who recently started using the third dimension, after having used two dimensions for years.
They have some G/L Accounts set with Code Mandatory for the third dimension and also set up with a default third dimension. In most situations, this works as expected. NAV suggest the specified dimension, but they can change it. If they delete it, it will not allow posting.

However, several users complain that once in a while their Journal behaves strangely. Even when the third dimension is filled, they get an error in Posting saying they will need to enter a third dimension value. When they click Ok then the third dimension value is cleared on all journal lines. They can then enter the third dimension value for all lines again, and during posting, they get the same error. Restarting the NAV client solves the problem, but what is going on?? At first, I didn't believe it, but I got a video recording of it.

I suspected a platform issue, but I can't find anything like this in the CU descriptions.

I then suspected a SingleInstance codeunit in some sort of "bad state" with some filters. I have looked at the list of SingleInstance codeunits in the base, and my only suspect is no. 19: "Gen. Jnl.-Post Preview". I have not dug deep into this one, but we haven't modified it, and we haven't modified anything related to Dimensions either.

My final idea was a usage of FILTERGROUP(1) on a dimension table. I have also searched for that, but also without luck. (The Danish Add-On Lessor uses that a lot, but not on anything related to Dimensions)

Any idea, or has anyone seen this before?
Regards
Peter