Options

Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 RTC (build 33781) freezes for one specific user only.

dariolobdariolob Member Posts: 1
edited 2018-03-29 in NAV Three Tier
Hi! New forum user here :smile:
NAV 2013 is literally driving me nuts: in my company we have many machines running RTC without any problem (both Win 8.1 and Win 10), but only one specific user (on Win 10 Enterprise) has issues: at random, multiple times a day, the program stops responding without any notice or error. It just freezes (the open NAV windows grey out) without even going in "Not Responding" status and sits there forcing the user to kill the process using Task Manager. There's nothing specific we can do to replicate the issue: it just happens!

These are the only things logged in the event viewer:
xxmgsxi5c6ly.png
bj43upruygms.png

There are no noteworthy events in other logs.
This is (to date), everything I have tried to troubleshoot the issue:

- Reinstalled the client after cleaning the previous installation
- Configured a new Win10 Enterprise machine from scratch to check if the issue was Windows-related
- Configured a new Win8.1 Pro machine to check if the issue was Windows version-related
- Checked if there were any differences into all NAV users' Windows installations - note that we use SCCM so that was very unlikely if not impossible
- Checked intensively the event log and ProcMon (without any result)
- Tried to remove/reapply a profile to the NAV user
- Checked if the domain user configuration was different from others that can use NAV without problems.
- Checked the NAV server's event log (nothing useful there)
- Checked for suspicious registry calls
- Checked user permissions/roles

We are aware of the possibility of applying a Cumulative Update, we haven't just done it yet because we're not 100% sure it will solve the problem (moreover, our NAV server installation is distributed by a third-party company), and we're also not sure that updating all the clients won't cause more problems to other users.

At this point I've run out of ideas. Should we actually take in consideration the Cumulative Update?

Thank you very much for your attention (and sorry for my sketchy English)