Options

Upgrade 3.10 -> 4.0 (Documentation)

rjmvdvenrjmvdven Member Posts: 22
Hi,

I hope someone can help me out. We have a customer which we want to upgrade from 3.10 to 4.0. Except there is no documentation on the product CD, regarding the steps we have to take. Also this cannot be found on either the Partnerguide or Partnersource.

Does anyone have this documentation + relating .fob files, or knows how to get it.

Best Regards,
Remco
Best Regards,

Remco van de Ven

Comments

• Options
    Denis_PetrovDenis_Petrov Member Posts: 107
    we are doing conversion from 3.01 to 4.00 and any materials will be appreciated. Navision CD 4.0 does not have any upgrade toolkits :(

thanks
    Best regards,

Denis Petrov.
  • Options
    Stefan_VerweyStefan_Verwey Member Posts: 18
    Hi,

I had recently upgraded from 3.70A to 4.00
    I had no data "upgrade" needs as the data stayed the same from 3.70 to 3.70A to 3.70b to 4.00.
    After you upgraded or merged all you modified objects into 4.00, create a new 4.00 DB & restore the complete set of new 4.00(merged) set of objects (application objects as well as common to all companies).
    Then restore the data from the previous version (3.70).
    If you upgrade from older version than 3.70, then upgrade the data to 3.70 first and refer to that version's Documentation!

Regards, Stefan
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    there is upgradetoolkit for 4.00, but only for some localizations... for example W1, Austria, Belgium, UK etc... (I am looking to MIBUSO DVD list...)... try to ask your Microsoft local office for the toolkit for your country (may be that they will say that you can use W1 toolkit)...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Stefan_VerweyStefan_Verwey Member Posts: 18
    Hi Kine,

You are so very correct with your answer, but clearly had you not used the upgrade toolkit.
    The question at first was for the documentation and upgrade objects to upgrade the data.
    On previous version had there been data conversion issues where not only the functionality had been upgraded but also data changed been applied with it.
    This FOB files were update reports specifically to put data now into the new altered fields or tables related to the upgrade. Huge issue if you might have remembered the upgrades from 2.6 to 3.00 to 3.01 to 3.10 related to CRM etc.

The use of the Toolkit is to compare and merge objects & NOT data.

Regards, Stefan
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    The use of the Toolkit is to compare and merge objects & NOT data.

Regards, Stefan

No. I am not talking about Navision Developer toolkit (which is for merging objects) but about Upgrade Toolkit... fob for transforming data and documentation how to do it... and this upgtlkt is on the MIBUSO DVD for example :-) NDT is only one for all, UpgTlkt must be localized to be able to transform local specific data... and for some countries is not available yet...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    rjmvdvenrjmvdven Member Posts: 22
    Thanks a lot guys, we will first upgrade the data to 3.70 and then upgrade the objects to 4.0 and restore the data in there..

Cheers,
    Remco
    Best Regards,

Remco van de Ven
  • Options
    AlbertvhAlbertvh Member Posts: 516
    Hi All

I have the W1 Upgrade toolkit + documentation from previous versions to 4.00 maybe Luc can put in in the download section. If not drop me a line and I will mail. Be warned it is +- 3Mb. (Goes from version 2 .. 3.7 to 4.00)

Luc maybe you could let me know how to get it to you.

Please let me know.

Albert
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    The W1 4.0 Upgrade Toolkit is now available for download: Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision W1 4.0 Upgrade Toolkit
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)