Options

Customer Database

Michael_DunnMichael_Dunn Member Posts: 2
edited 2002-03-16 in Navision Financials
hi new here, and not a programmer or even a terribly competent computer tech. i work for a small manufacturer in california, wherein i'm the default IT guy entirely because i'm younger than anyone else; as such, any acronyms or tech jargon used to answer my question probably won't be understood.

i need to take whatever customer information exists within our navision database and convert it to an excel or access file; we are selling a division and the buyer would like the customer information right away... i believe he will be using a microsoft financials product, so access would be perfect. can anyone please outline the procedure - step by step - on how to accomplish this.

i was able to locate a navcust.dll file, but it was very small (less and 1mg) and appeared to be pretty much empty.

feel free to respond either via a reply (which i will check every few minutes), email or phone which are provided below.

thank you in advance, and please forgive my lack of experience with NT, IT and Navision.

Michael Dunn
Image Casting, Inc.
miked@imagecastings.com
800-304-5838
805-986-1106

Comments

• Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    The easiest solutions in your situation is to install the Navision ODBC driver. Then you have access to all Navision data from inside Excel or Access. If ODBC is not a part of your Navision license, then you'll have to buy this granule. Contact your local Navision Solution Centre for this.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    jreynoldsjreynolds Member Posts: 175
    In object designer run the customer table, set filters to those customers of interest, select those records, copy, then paste the copied records into Excel.
  • Options
    John_TegelaarJohn_Tegelaar Member Posts: 159
    Call up the Customer list (menu S&R, Customers, press F5 when the card shows). Go to menu View, Show Colums and select/deselect all fields you want to copy.

Apply any filter you want, then press ctrl-A to select all records, press ctrl-C to copy these to the clipboard (may take a moment when you have many records).

Open a new Excel worksheet, press ctrl-V to paste.

Now you have all selected customer data as an Excel sheet.

John