Untrusted Domain issue NAV 2009

Error: The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with windows authentication.

What is the reason of his error ? If End-User re-open NAV Client after 5 to 10 minutes then it connects without any error.

If 15 users try to access NAV at the same time then 7 will get error.

We have 30 concurrent users license out of which 20 are using simultaneously.

olmlqeyo78si.jpg

Please advise.

Thank You

Best Answer

Answers

• stunomaticstunomatic Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for your response,

I did 2 things.

1. In AD server I create a VM using hyperV, but still network interface has no load.
    2. I removed DNS settings from network adaptor because I was confused why ERP server need internet connectivity.

I found no issue in pinging AD <-> SQL

• Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    I am not sure if removing DNS entry was a good idea. Removing DNS does not disable internet connectivity - after all someone may use just the IP address to get outside. On the other hand SQL Server would need to find somehow the AD controller

If you need to disable internect connectivity configure your SQL to connect throug the proxy, or disable external traffic to/from the SQL box on the router.

Also running a virtual machine host on your AD conroller may not be the best idea, if I understood your setup correctly. Even if there is no load on network interface the VM may strain memory, disks, and if your are not on SSDs then the disk is quite a bottleneck, which can slow down the host.

When you ping AD controller from SQL box do you use IP address or the server name?

Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • stunomaticstunomatic Member Posts: 7
    "On the other hand SQL Server would need to find somehow the AD controller"

It was because of DNS. After adding DNS, its starts working fine.

Thanks for helping out.