Options

integration from excel into navision

ningnongjinningnongjin Member Posts: 42
hi all,

i have a scenario where i have a sales order generated in ms excel, and would like to have it automtically updated into ms navision sales order. i was wondering can anyone point out to me any articles or ad-hoc ideas on how to go bout this. Much thanks

Comments

• Options
    rsfairbanksrsfairbanks Member Posts: 107
    Look at the topics on excel. Most are for output but you should just be able to reverse this process.

Else just use a dataport to import (saving the excel as a txt file)
  • Options
    dscedsce Member Posts: 2
    hi all,

i have a scenario where i have a sales order generated in ms excel, and would like to have it automtically updated into ms navision sales order. i was wondering can anyone point out to me any articles or ad-hoc ideas on how to go bout this. Much thanks

Copy the standard, e. g. MS Excel im-/export for G/L Budgets.
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    Look at Table 370."Excel Buffer" and the functions in it.
    I didn't try it out yet for importing an excel sheet into Navision, but I think it should not be too difficult. With the information in the temptable, you can then create/update sales orders.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    jonsan21jonsan21 Member Posts: 118
    Hi,

If you want Navision to do it, then create a Report/Codeunit, which will run a Dataport that import this excel into a Table and based on that Table create the Sales Order. That is the traditional idea.

I guess this is a very common scenario if user is running another POS system.

Rgds,

Jon.
    Rgds,

Jon.
  • Options
    UrmasUrmas Member Posts: 76
    Just one strange idea - if you are not so experienced in CAL coding you may try to do it also from the side of excel - use ODBC drivers in Excel to write the data into Navision tables.
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    Just one strange idea - if you are not so experienced in CAL coding you may try to do it also from the side of excel - use ODBC drivers in Excel to write the data into Navision tables.
    This is not so a good idea, because with ODBC you can just fill the fields/records, but not run the business-logic behind them.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!