Options

Test Tool with Solution Developer (client) license

rsaritzkyrsaritzky Member Posts: 469
Hi,

We are an end-user with the Solution Developer / Application Builder granules in our license. I'm trying to install/run/view the Test Tool objects.

I can open any of the codeunits in the 137xxx range in the Development Environment, but I cannot open any of the codeunits in the 14xxxx range.

Our license was updated in September 2017 to NAV2016-level. Does anyone have any experience with using a Client license with Solution Developer permissions?

P.S. I have not tried to RUN any of the 14xxxx codeunits - just trying to view them for sample code at this point.

Thx

Ron
Ron

Answers

• Options
    AKAK Member Posts: 226
    No experience with your situation, but you can always move objects to a range where you have full access. https://forum.mibuso.com/discussion/19779/move-unlicensed-objects
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not looking just to view the objects (although I do want to view them) - I was asking if the Test toolkit actually runs, i.e. do the objects have at least "Execute" permissions? I have gotten indications from Luc Van Dyck (one of the Test Toolkit "gurus") that an updated license should allow me to view them.

Ron
  • Options
    Just for everyone else's information, I have confirmed from Microsoft that as of March 2018, a client's license with the Developers Toolkit does NOT include read/write/modify permissions on the 137xxx range of objects, so you cannot view/modify them without a partner developer license. Obviously the Testing Toolkit was not meant for use by end-user developers - only partners. We have asked Microsoft to move the 137xxx objects into a range accessible by end-users if they have the Developers' Toolkit, but are not very hopeful.

Moving the objects to a range viewable by our license is a possiblity, but cumbersome due to the number of objects. For now, we are skipping that functionality and building our own test toolkit codeunits.

Ron
    Ron