Options

Customer Cross Reference

We're new on NAV and trying to figure out the customer cross reference. An old thread on here seems to contradict what this pop-up says, but it also doesn't seem to work the way the pop-up depicts. According to this pop-up, NAV should replace the internal item number with the customer cross reference number.
0gvffbf9eiz0.jpg So far I'm not seeing this happen though. Printing the released sales order only shows the internal number.

Answers

• Options
    Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    I think the replacement works only in intercompany operations
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • Options
    JuhlJuhl Member Posts: 724
    Reports have to be developed to show this value. Common requirement.

The number is not replaced, but added in a seperate column on sales lines.
    This column should be added to the subpage, so you can enter the customers own item number.
    But reports still shows your own item number, as it is what you are selling.
    Follow me on my blog juhl.blog
  • Options
    es_barrettes_barrett Member Posts: 13
    Once you have setup the customer item cross-reference - you should add the column (right-click in the column heading area and select "Show Column") to the sales document lines section on each sales document. Once this column is added - if you enter the customer item no. in the cross-reference field - then the internal (NAV) item number will be automatically populated.

Use the "Custom Report Layout" option to create a new custom report layout from standard report using the "Insert Word Layout". I used the Word layouts; Report 1305 for the Sales Order Confirmation; Report 1306 for the Sales Invoice; Report 1307 for the Sales Credit Memo - however; other report layouts are available.

You can install Jet for Word in order to customise the report layouts - or just add the Developer tab to the Word ribbon and then click on "XML Mapping Pane" to be able to add fields. The field options are normally in the bottom option of the Custom XML Parts.

Hope this helps.