NAV without warehouses; is it possible?

txerifftxeriff Member Posts: 492
Hi mates,

I hope some1 can help.
s there any chance NAV can be set up so location does not generate any whse. entries and use an item as "template" so users can use it to enter whatever they want to invoice.
In case of using a warehouse and it generates whse. entries, could this affect somehow?

thx.

Answers

• rfajdigarfajdiga Member Posts: 40
    Hi,

maybe you can use G/L accounts in lines to invoice whatever you want or resource and then you don't need the location on documents.

You will get g/l entries (or resource entries) but warehouse entries will not be posted.

However, if you use an item with a location which does not require shipment and receipment while posting sales/purchase documents you will not get warehouse entries.

Br,
    Renato.
  • txerifftxeriff Member Posts: 492
    thanks for the response. I though in that but seems like they do like this for users don´t mess or make issues.
  • allenyyzhouallenyyzhou Member Posts: 142
    Hi

If you do not check "Location Mandatory", then you do not need to specify location code in sales order. Is that what you want?
  • txerifftxeriff Member Posts: 492
    Hi

If you do not check "Location Mandatory", then you do not need to specify location code in sales order. Is that what you want?

I belive this is what consultant wanted, Honestly she switched off to other tasks and code has lot of changes and I didnt see the error, it was just a "quick question" they made and I was thinking exactly what you guys suggested to test.

thanks anyway ;)