Options

Shipping No. Series much have a value in Sales Header

afeaoafeao Member Posts: 3
ihofj6etmlhl.png

May someone know this error attached. I tried to post Sales Invoice!

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    allenyyzhouallenyyzhou Member Posts: 142
    Hi

If you key in the lines in sales invoice directly, system will create a posted sales shipment automatically for you, that is why system ask to set Shipping No. Serial ("Posted Shipment No." in “Sales & Receivable Setup").

If you do not want system to create a posted sales shipment for you, you can uncheck "Shipment on Invoice" in “Sales & Receivable Setup".
    (Normally we will not uncheck this)
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    afeao wrote: »
    ihofj6etmlhl.png

May someone know this error attached. I tried to post Sales Invoice!

Thanks
    Is this a new Navision implementation, or has it been setup a long time ago? Or maybe did you recently make some changes to number series?
    When you Post an order in Navision, it gets the shipping number form the series table then commits, so that if there is roll back you don't lose the number. Unfortunately commits can cause issues, for example if you initially didn't have the number series set up tried to post and now want to change it. Normally the easiest way to resolve this is go the the Sales Header (36) table and manually input the correct Code from the No Series table.

But be careful to update all the associate data or the next shipment will then not post.

If you are not confident doing this, then contact your partner and have them do it for you.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    afeaoafeao Member Posts: 3
    Much Appreciated your comment Alleny & David. Now I post Sales Invoice.
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,089
    [Topic moved from 'Navision Financials' forum to 'NAV Three Tier' forum]

Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!