Options

The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure NAV 2018

DynamicsKushDynamicsKush Member Posts: 3
edited 2018-01-18 in NAV Three Tier
Hello Dynamics NAV Community!

I have this issue with trying to run a test email from my NAV 2018 version RTC Client. I am running the Cronus Database, and I am very very new to NAV. My SMTP settings in NAV 2017 is the same, and it works fine in 2017. I have also allowed my google account access from less secure apps options, as I read that only then NAV will be able to send emails for gmail. In any case, I have tried multiple accounts, including my work email(0365 Subscription Settings).

zwcwm294c747.png

I have tried to install certificate via something call OpenSSL, but that did not work as trying to install OpenSSL on Windows proved to be quite challenging. I have compared the SSL Settings from my IIS Manager for 2017 and 2018 installs, and they are same. I am not sure how exactly I can solve this issue, and need your guidance with this.

Answers

• Options
    allenyyzhouallenyyzhou Member Posts: 142
    Hi

Are you sure SMTP Server Port is 25? I used gmail to send mail in NAV before, port is 587.
  • Options
    DynamicsKushDynamicsKush Member Posts: 3
    edited 2018-01-18
    Hi

Are you sure SMTP Server Port is 25? I used gmail to send mail in NAV before, port is 587.

Hey allenyyzhou, thanks for the reply. Yes, same exact settings, it works for my 2017 install, and on other developers PC's, with their installs of 2018/2017, it works. Only one mine it is the issue. I have tried 587, same error.