Options

How to make automatic testing (regression) in NAV

KermiiKermii Member Posts: 14
Hello,

I'm wondering whether there is a possibility to create automatic testing in NAVison? Have you ever been doing something like this in your projects?

Thank you

Answers

• Options
    Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    edited 2018-01-17
    Microsoft published automated testing suite some time ago. You can download it and use some of it directly, and if you have customisations or bespoke solution, build atop of them, or use as a template.

Look for \TestToolkit folder on the installation DVD, you will find a fob with all required objects in there.

The problem with automated testing is that there is a lot of work upfront to make it sensible and valuable. In my personal view it is well worth investing time and effort to build test suite for your product, as it pays off in reducing testing time/resources. If you are after quality of your solution and already spend lots of time on trorough testing including regression testing then you will certainly see quick return on that investment.
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • Options
    KermiiKermii Member Posts: 14
    I'm really, really excited in order to learn how to perform those! Thank you & Dziękuję Sławku ; )!