Options

NAV2017: No more developer licenses?

txerifftxeriff Member Posts: 492
Hi all,

I´ve heard that MS will not sell developer licencses to end users in NAV 2017, only partners will have. Is this true?
thanks!

Answers

• Options
    taigtaig Member Posts: 6
    Still available for us to add onto our customers who have 2017/2018, and we haven't heard anything like this.
  • Options
    taig wrote: »
    Still available for us to add onto our customers who have 2017/2018, and we haven't heard anything like this.

Thanks for your response. Are you in a partner then?

I find very strange end users can´t buy dev. licences for inhouse developments NAV 2017+. That´s why I ask.
  • Options
    taigtaig Member Posts: 6
    Hi,

Yes we are, I co-own it.
    You can buy it, but you need to buy it through your current NAV partner, they aren't cheap though!
    It's just a module (or 2) that tags onto your NAV licence.

Before I setup a my business I was an end user, and the group i worked for bought the modules so we could do the development ourselves.

What makes you think you can't?

Regards
    Roland
  • Options
    taig wrote: »
    Hi,

Yes we are, I co-own it.
    You can buy it, but you need to buy it through your current NAV partner, they aren't cheap though!
    It's just a module (or 2) that tags onto your NAV licence.

Before I setup a my business I was an end user, and the group i worked for bought the modules so we could do the development ourselves.

What makes you think you can't?

Regards
    Roland

Thanks again. I know they are not cheap (not sure what is the amount). A mate said that some mate said that now they are not selling anymore, seems like he´s got former mates working in end user. I believe hes not right thats why I asked, it must be some changes from, very old version, maybe they were allowed to do certain modifications without dev. licence.

thanks anyway.