NAV2016 Web Client - Safari 11.0.2 Logon issue [SOLVED]

massive_cava@hotmail.itmassive_cava@hotmail.it Member Posts: 14
edited 2018-10-03 in NAV Three Tier
Hello everybody,

i want to ask if anyone have my same issue: i've deployed NAV Service to allow acces from Web client.
It works fine with IE and Chrome and with just HTTP level (no certificate involved). Only a few employees of our customers are using both macOSX and iOS with Safari 11.0.2 installed. From msdn web client requirement page, i've found that these version of Safari are supported by NAV2016:
Safari 8.4 on iOS (iPad).
Safari 8.0.8 on OSX.

However, by these device the logon is requested on loop:
9ibsk4nw8kh6.png

Could be a version-related issue?
The NAVService for web client is configured to use WindowsAuthentication. The web page root is defined on same server of NAVService. maybe could be related to the AuthType of the NAV Service?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Best Answer

• massive_cava@hotmail.itmassive_cava@hotmail.it Member Posts: 14
    Answer ✓
    After several time i've been able to solve the issue. The credential type defined at nav servervice (used for web client) was Windows type. I've had to change this to another type (in my case was Username), and then the login was succefull for all browsers.

Answers

• massive_cava@hotmail.itmassive_cava@hotmail.it Member Posts: 14
    Answer ✓
    After several time i've been able to solve the issue. The credential type defined at nav servervice (used for web client) was Windows type. I've had to change this to another type (in my case was Username), and then the login was succefull for all browsers.