Analysis view entry

Hi All,

i have the following scenario:

a customer has a big number of employees and he created names of employees as dimensions.

from the above he should input any transaction (expense or salary) related to employee with dimension value = name of employee and he mentioned on description of g/l entry the reason for this expense.

A standard analysis by dimension can cover all what he needs: showing all accounts affected by employee transactions spread by months.

Customer need a report showing for every analysis view entry a description from g/l entry.

The question is: what is the link between analysis view entry table and G/L entry table ?

any idea?

Answers

• es_barrettes_barrett Member Posts: 13
    edited 2017-12-23
    The relationship depends on the value that you enter in the "Date Compression" field.
    If you have Date Compression=Day - then you will have one Analysis View Entry per day for each combination of G/L Account and Dimension.
    If you have Date Compression=Month - then you will have one Analysis View Entry per month for each combination of G/L Account and Dimension.
    Drill-down is available from the Analysis View Entry to the G/L Entries below - however; descriptions are not available on the Analysis View Entry itself as it is a summary total of the G/L Entries.

If your customer needs a report that displays G/L Entry level detail including the transaction description - then Analysis Views may not be the obvious choice for me - I would probably approach this with a Jet Report using the G/L Entry table and Dimension Set Entry table.

Alternatively you could dump out a filtered list from the G/L Entries Dimension Overview Matrix - then manipulate it in Excel.
  • chababikchababik Member Posts: 5
    Thank you for your reply.
    my question is how the system know, when i drill down on an amount from analysis view entry, the respective G/L entries; taking into consideration that the dimension Employee is not a global dimension.

Regards,
  • es_barrettes_barrett Member Posts: 13
    The value in the Dimension Set ID field on the G/L Entry record holds a link to the Dimension Set Entry table. The Dimension Set Entry table holds records that indicate all of the Dimensions that are associated with a transaction.