Options

Character set/128C barcode

ivanivan Member Posts: 3
edited 2006-01-17 in Navision Financials
Apparantly, Navision's native character set does not include these 2 characters: ¨ and © (Diaeresis and copyright symbol). Most windows fonts have these characters; they have values of A8 and A9 (hex), or 168 and 169 (decimal) respectively.

In order to print a 128C barcode, I need to be able to print these characters.

For all other characters, I assign a decimal value to a character type, then append the character to a text string, which I then print using a 128C barcode font. However, since the two characters mentioned above don't exist, I can't add them to the text string, not even as literals (since I can't even type or paste these characters into the C/AL editor.

Any workarounds?

Comments

• Options
    Floyd_ChanFloyd_Chan Member Posts: 9
    The character set for extended characters is version specific. With the missing characters, sounds like you're using v2.50. Upgrade to v2.60 and you'll find these characters. But make sure you will have all the extended characters in v2.60 for the barcode font that you're using before upgrading.
  • Options
    Floyd_ChanFloyd_Chan Member Posts: 9
    Sorry... forgot one other variable. You also have to check to see which codepage you have set up in the registry for the machine that is generating the barcodes.
  • Options
    ivanivan Member Posts: 3
    Thanks to all who responded. I found a solution.

There is no way to get around the missing characters problem -- if a character doesn't exist in Navision's native character set, you simply can't print it.

The solution is to use a differend barcode font. I found one that uses only characters that exist in Navision.

If anyone needs help printing 128C barcodes in Navision, I'll be glad to send fonts, code and instructions. It's actually easy -- once you know how.

• Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ivan:
    If anyone needs help printing 128C barcodes in Navision, I'll be glad to send fonts, code and instructions. It's actually easy -- once you know how.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why not upload a zip-file with a Navision fob, a Navision txt object, and the necessary fonts and instructions to this site? Then it will be available in the download-section.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    mayermayer Member Posts: 50
    Hello,

is 128C the same as EAN128 ?
  • Options
    PeterDPeterD Member Posts: 66
    quote:
    Originally posted by ivan:
    If anyone needs help printing 128C barcodes in Navision, I'll be glad to send fonts, code and instructions.

Yes, I need help. Please send me the fonts, code and instructions at pvandam@nl.brakel-group.com

Thanks!
  • Options
    kmocaikmocai Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by ivan:

Ivan, can you send me what I need to print 128 barcodes in Navision? Thanks
    kmo@caisoft.com
  • Options
    JohnPJohnP Member Posts: 56
    I got around it by printing out a test card in the barcode font for character values 0 - 255 and then manually inspected the printout for the characters I needed and worked out my own mapping. Took a little while but it works.

Cheers,
    John
  • Options
    ndonohoendonohoe Member Posts: 15
    I could'nt find a suitable download so YES, If your offer is still open, I would very much appreciate your fonts and instructions.

ndonohoe@gmail.com

Cheers
  • Options
    BagheeraBagheera Member Posts: 57
    Can I have the solution as well please?

bagheera@gmail.com

Thank you
    animateduserbar6sx.gif
  • Options
    AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,497
    [No "Me Too" messages please. You can use the Private Message feature of this forum to send your e-mail address ... unless you don't mind extra spam in your mailbox. Therefore this thread is being closed.]
This discussion has been closed.