Options

Document No. problem in Journal line for multi-batch

kenlkenl Member Posts: 182
Hello,

We have two AP purchase journal batches, A and B, with same number series as document number.

User A, using batch A, create a journal line, system get the document number xxx1.

User B, using batch B, create another journal line, system get the same document number xxx1.

In this case only one of the user can post the journal. The second user need to manually change the document number in order to post the journal.

Does anyone have a solution to solve this problem? (Two batches need to have the same number series) :-k

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    In this case you have a problem, because this control is hardcoded. Only one type of journals can have same no. of documents - recurring journals. May be there is a way (simulate as it is recurring journal...)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    kenlkenl Member Posts: 182
    Hello Kine,

Thank you for your reply.

But I think it is a very common situation to have multiple users entering journals at the same time.

How do you avoid this problem?

The reason I need to create two batches for AP journal is because to avoid users to interfere each other.

The document Number (Invoice Number) are using the same number series, since we want to have a centralize invoice number format for all AP journal.

Am I correct to create two journal batches?