Options

Microsoft Dynamics NAV - Excel Buffer already exsists error

RebeccaRussellRebeccaRussell Member Posts: 13
Hello,

One of the users is getting the attached error upon running a report and exporting it into excel,

I have checked and there are no duplicated rows once it has ran.

I have a highly skilled 12 year background within IT/Networking/infrastructure/IT Support including CCNA, however, little within development and SQL and only been working with NAV for the last 18 months since leaving the Royal Navy after serving 10 years.

So I don't know where to start with this error.

Can someone Please help/assist.

Many Thanks

Rebecca

Comments

• Options
    Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    1) try opening Excel Buffer table in Object Designer and delete everything from it.

It is meant as a buffer only and not supposed to have anything in it.

2) Get back to the developer who did for you customisations sending data to Excel and have him/her fixing the bug

Slawek
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • Options
    RebeccaRussellRebeccaRussell Member Posts: 13
    Slawek_Guzek

see attached this is how the excel buffer table currently looks, I will be safe to delete all entries in this?

Rebecca
  • Options
    pradipradi Member Posts: 15
    @RebeccaRussell A record variable of excel buffer table must exist in the report.
    On prereport write the following code. variableexcelbuffer.deleteall. and make the excel buffer variable as Temporary.
  • Options
    KarenhKarenh Member Posts: 209
    It is safe to delete all entries from the Excel Buffer table. It is meant to be used as a temporary table, so records should not be permanently saved.