Options

Image in email signature

MaWMaW Member Posts: 74
Hi,
We have a customer running NAV 2017. They want to be able to send invoices by email by smtp and be able to put signature text and image in the email. It seems that we are not able to put image in mail body/signature. Is there any workaround?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    How about printing the invoice to PDF, including the signature (just like you are including the Company Logo) and attach the PDF to the email?

Slawek
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • Options
    Meaning just leaving email as plain text and only having pictures in pdf?
    That’s just not the solution my customer wants.
  • Options
    Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    edited 2017-11-06
    Codeunit 400 lets you use HTML formatted body. I guess you should be able to prepare the email's body in HTML format including some embedded images.

If your customer agrees to not to use any automatic/background emailing then you could use outlook based emailing and modify the code to include default client's signature or to attach/embed some images in the email. You can do a lot with Outlook Object Model programming - the question is if it is worth the efforts.

If you look at notifications - you have there the report 1320 which uses Word Layout to generate notification emails. The report is very modest but you could take it as a base and try to build atop it.

Slawek
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • Options
    Answer ✓
  • Options
    JuhlJuhl Member Posts: 724
    Use word templates to generate the body. Its standard and works with pictures.

But if you Edit the mail in outlook, you loose the picture.
    Follow me on my blog juhl.blog
  • Options
    PalmPalm Member Posts: 1
    I have made my signature in email for help with the site https://newoldstamp.com/ a long time ago, so you can contact them on such issues.