Options

Exporting a custom view

t_craccot_cracco Member Posts: 32
Hi,

Is there any way a saved view of a list can be exported from a user and then imported with another user?

Kind Regards,
Tom

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    martinher562martinher562 Member Posts: 50
    Are you trying to update the table ?
  • Options
    Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    Saved view? You have probably posted in work forum - Classic Client does not offer such a functionality - although it is possible to develop something similar.

In NAV 2013 saved user views are saved in User Personalisation - but not in a straightforward form. NAV keeps changes inside a XML file, stored in a BLOB in User Metadata table. There is no out of the bix functionality allowing copying user personalisations between different users - although I guess it would be possible to write a mod which could allow copying selected personalizations between users

Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • Options
    JuhlJuhl Member Posts: 724
    If you customize the profile, then all user of the profile will have the filter
    Follow me on my blog juhl.blog
  • Options
    t_craccot_cracco Member Posts: 32
    Saved view? You have probably posted in work forum - Classic Client does not offer such a functionality - although it is possible to develop something similar.

In NAV 2013 saved user views are saved in User Personalisation - but not in a straightforward form. NAV keeps changes inside a XML file, stored in a BLOB in User Metadata table. There is no out of the bix functionality allowing copying user personalisations between different users - although I guess it would be possible to write a mod which could allow copying selected personalizations between users

Hi Slawek Guzek,

Apparently I took the wrong Category when creating the post, it should have been in the NAV Three Tier instead of the Navision Classic Client.

Kind Regards,
    Tom
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,096
    [Topic moved from 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum to 'NAV Three Tier' forum]

Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    jaclynjaclyn Member Posts: 56
    You export data from a Microsoft Dynamics NAV database, the data is stored in a file with the extension .navdata, which is a new file format that is proprietary to Microsoft Dynamics NAV data. You cannot edit the .navdata files in other tools.

The data that you export is not deleted from the original database. So that means that you can use the functionality to essentially take a copy of your customer’s live data, leave them to continue working, while you import the data into an offline database back at your office for further debugging or other investigation. You can also use the .navdata files to move data to a new database, such as moving a company to a new database when you want to deprecate a database.