Options

The process cannot access the file 'C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\90\

jwilderjwilder Member Posts: 263
All of a sudden I cannot start any of my service tiers (fortunately this is in test). Here is the error message:
Server instance: DynamicsNAV90
Tenant ID:
User:
Type: System.IO.IOException
Message: The process cannot access the file 'C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\90\Server\MicrosoftDynamicsNavServer$DynamicsNAV90\assembly\Record5407_47.dll' because it is being used by another process.
StackTrace:
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.InternalDelete(String path, Boolean checkHost)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.CSharpCompiler.CompileCSharpSourceToAssembly(String assemblyFileName, String[] sourceFileNames, Boolean deleteAfterRead, String& errors, Assembly& assembly)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.AssemblyGetter.GetAssembly(ObjectType objectType, Int32 objectId, NavAppGroup appGroup)
Source: mscorlib
HResult: -2147024864

The object (in this case Record5407) seems to change each time.

We have 3 services tiers. I have restarted all of them, still same error. I have restarted SQL Server same error. I restarted all of the machines themselves same error. I compiled all objects (some didn't compile but that is nothing new), still same problem. I can't get a service tier to start to run the Object Tracking table. Maybe I should run the Object Tracking table in sql and delete everything and then re-compile again?

Anyone ever run into this?

Answers

• Options
    Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    This sometimes happens if you change service account used to run the NST.

Stop all the NSTs, delete (or move somewhere) everything in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\90\Server\ folder, then restart the services.

Slawek
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • Options
    jwilderjwilder Member Posts: 263
    edited 2017-10-17
    I did try that but it did not work, thanks for the response though!