Options

Kick out inactive users in NAV 2017

lzrlzr Member Posts: 264
We have this idle client timeout and Keep alive interval set to 20 minutes and the NAV server is kicking out users. The problem is that they are unable to reconnect. The users get this message after they have been kicked out:

The server net.tcp //<our server name>/service is either unavailable or your connection has been lost

When trying to reconnect it says something like

"The session could not be retrieved from the server. The application will close"

So they have to start all over. Can anyone shed some lights to why the clients can't reconnect properly? Is there any other way to kick users out? In NAV 2009 I had this kick idle user which deleted the session on the SQL server but I don't think that is working now.
Navision developer

Answers

• Options
    sorenhinrupsorenhinrup Member Posts: 136
    How do you kick out the users? Is it done through the Job Queue or an sql script?
    Normally when the users are disconnected through a stopsession function i NAV there is no issues reconnecting.
  • Options
    edited 2017-10-17
    I am using the options on the NAV server. I added a high value in the reconnect period yesterday which means that the server is saving the session. I am not sure about the impact the reconnect period is having on the number of licenses though.

Right now I have:

IdleClientTimeout 20 min
    Keep Alive interval 20 min
    Reconnect period 5h
    Navision developer
  • Options
    Reconnect period seems to crash NAV when timing out so I have removed that. Can someone please share their settings for other customers?
    Navision developer
  • Options
    norsenynorseny Member Posts: 19
    edited 2018-02-07
    Izr, have you found the solution to this problem? Or anyone else?
    I am having the same error ("The session could not be retrieved from the server. The application will close"). My settings - IdleClientTimeout and Keep Alive interval seem to be ok.
    Any tips are welcome!