Options

Problem with reports printing

Hello, i'm having a very strange issue.

We have migrated from NAV 5 to NAV 2016 and this is what happened:

When i print a report directly in NAV 2016 its format is very ugly, bold, without margins....

however, when i print it in pdf and from there to the printer everyting goes well and the document printed is ok.

What could i do?
Giving thanks is always wellcome

Best Answer

• Options
    Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    Answer ✓
    It could be a problem with missing printer driver.

When you connect through a remote login to the server the local printers are connected in the session. Sometimes, in case of non-ntandard (or "less-standard") printers there is no printer driver available on the server and windows tries to match and apply the closest matching driver.. Which sometimes work and sometimes not really.

Check the default printer driver on your local PC, and make sure the same driver is installed on the terminal server.

Slawek

Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03

Answers

• Options
    AntoniomvallsAntoniomvalls Member Posts: 34
    It is happening whatever font i use and accessing through terminal server
    Giving thanks is always wellcome
  • Options
    Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    Answer ✓
    It could be a problem with missing printer driver.

When you connect through a remote login to the server the local printers are connected in the session. Sometimes, in case of non-ntandard (or "less-standard") printers there is no printer driver available on the server and windows tries to match and apply the closest matching driver.. Which sometimes work and sometimes not really.

Check the default printer driver on your local PC, and make sure the same driver is installed on the terminal server.

Slawek

Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03