Printer selection Window Problem

McCoyMcCoy Member Posts: 39
We have a client that is using a 'reprint' feature for labels that allows them to reprint a bin label. The first time they select print - it shows the Select Printer Window fine and prints but if they press the print again from the same screen the Printer Selection Window flashes then goes BEHIND the Navsion Screens and they must minimize Navsion to answer the print screen. The print button simlpy is a ReportName.RUNMODAL.

If any one can shed some light here that would be great.

Thanks
[-o<

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Version of C/SIDE you are using? (fin.exe, finsql.exe version)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • McCoyMcCoy Member Posts: 39
    The client is running Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 with Navision 2.6. Any ideas?
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I think that problem is the 2.6 client (warning: you posted this into Navision forum - it means 3.70+, for 2.60 is section Navision Financials). If you are able to try open the DB (copy) in newer client and try this situation, do it. It seems, that this problem was solved in newer C/SIDE version...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • teckpohteckpoh Member Posts: 271
    hi all,
    i'm facing the same problem..i'm using nav version 4.0 ..
    How to overcome this ..help~~~ is this a bug in navision?
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    Does every client suffer from this?

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
    Yes... Waldo.
    Actually i'm calling Report B from Report A through runmodal.
    And when user click "Print Button" on Report A then report A will call report B and print the report...

I'm confusing about this problem...it's only happen for when user reprint(from 2nd time onward)...
    Any Idea?
    Hi McCoy,

Finally i solved it by set "ShowPrintStatus" = No, if u implement ur reprint by using runmodal then set "ShowPrintStatus" = No for both report. And i believe tis will solve ur problem.... \:D/
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    Great, you got your solution. I couldn't reproduce, so it was difficult to help you :| . Anyway, it's good news.
    I doubt if McCoy is still having this problem though ... it was more then two years ago :lol: .

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • MalajloMalajlo Member Posts: 294
    This problem occurs with 2.0 client and MS Fax. I haven't tested with higher client version, but try changing printer driver, i.e. use HP LaserJet (or HP LaserJet Series) MS driver.