Where is the configuration of Client Side saved?

pruebasExpruebasEx Member Posts: 51
I know ZUP file saves the configuration of the development version, but How is saved the configuration for windows, like weight, hight, and all this parameters of a subform, and more things.

(Just In case. I have tried to delete the zup file, but It doesnt works.)

Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• ErictPErictP Member Posts: 164
    This is stored in table 'User Metadata' (2000000075).
    On Page 'User Personalization Card' (Company/Departments/Administration/Application Setup/RoleTailored Client/User Personalization) there is an action 'Clear Personalized Pages'.
    This action deletes all the record from the table User Metadata of the selected user.
  • ErictPErictP Member Posts: 164
    And again my anwser was not fast enough.
    Slawek beat me again ;)
  • pruebasExpruebasEx Member Posts: 51
    Hi,

Page customisations are stored in the database, in User Metadata table. There is a built-in function Delete User Personalisation which allows selectively delete GUI customisations

Client settings like server/port, last connected server, connection history, etc are stored in

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\<version>\ClientUserSettings.config

Slawek

Thanks Slawek!!

When I try to change width of a column in a lookup form. (Form example field Account No. in the General Journal page) and then close the Client, the changes are not saved.

So everytime I have to configure the page size.
  • Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    They should be as far as I am aware, unless you have started NAV client with DisablePersonalisation option in the command line
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
    Another thought - you could try to delete User Personalisation for that one Page. I've had quite strange issues with personalized pages, the personalization metadata apparently got corrupted after the page has been modified and re-loaded from a fob. Deleting the personalization metadata for that page helped.
    Slawek Guzek
    edited 2017-09-25
    @Slawek_Guzek This is my Metadata configuration for Page 39. How it works? Metadata is in blank...so I don't understand where is the personalization data .

vfy03gj5jky0.png
    Hi,

If you add or hide a column on a page or subpage you will see a value stored in there, but indeed columns' with adjustments on a page do not get stored in there.

There is another file %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\PersonalizationStore.xml which seems to be holding things like columns width or current record position on a page

Slawek
    Slawek Guzek
    Hi,

If you add or hide a column on a page or subpage you will see a value stored in there, but indeed columns' with adjustments on a page do not get stored in there.

There is another file %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\PersonalizationStore.xml which seems to be holding things like columns width or current record position on a page

Slawek

YES! I try to delete the PersonalizationStore.xml and all the personalization of page size, and another style things were reset.

My last question,Only thing you can do if you have problems with this file is delete ? Or maybe I can modify?

Thanks!

While deleting the PersonalizationStore.xml is save (IMHO - and apart from deleting ALL user's adjustments), modifying it is probably possible once you find out how exactly the adjustments are stored in the file.

I don't know the exact file structure. I know that the <Data> element inside PersonalizationObject element keeps another Base64 encoded XML file, which in turn keeps some details about the object's elements. If you spend some time analyzing the inner file structure you may be able to modify it in a meaningful and non-destructive way.

Slawek

Slawek Guzek
    While deleting the PersonalizationStore.xml is save (IMHO - and apart from deleting ALL user's adjustments), modifying it is probably possible once you find out how exactly the adjustments are stored in the file.

I don't know the exact file structure. I know that the <Data> element inside PersonalizationObject element keeps another Base64 encoded XML file, which in turn keeps some details about the object's elements. If you spend some time analyzing the inner file structure you may be able to modify it in a meaningful and non-destructive way.

Slawek

You think modifying the file manually, could be fix the changes that now are not saved?

Maybe if it is not saving the data now, modify the file will not fix this problem... What do you think?
    edited 2017-09-25
    I'd start from deleting the PersonalizationStore.xml.

Just remember to delete it when the Client is not running, otherwise the Client will recreate the XML from the copy kept in memory.
    Slawek Guzek