Installing NAV 2017 in WinServer2016

AitorEGAitorEG Member Posts: 342
Hi everyone,

I'm finding some issues when installing NAV 2017 in a server (not azure).

We have different azure VMs, so I get the installation dvd from the "NAVDVD" folder of those VMs. The installation has finished correctly, after installing a few dependencies.

The problem comes when I try to use the script from the "DEMO" folder of the azure VM. I want to use them for initializing the VM, and after that, installing the ClickOnce. But when I try to initialize with the "Initialize Virtual Machine.ps1" script, appears an error saying that the DNS name is not correct:
iv9s4a1ch287.png

Is this possible to use these script to automatize my needs, or should I create the clickOnce, PowerBi... integrations manually? How can I access to a Web Client without being an Azure machine?

Thank you all for your help

Answers

• soetiesoetie Member Posts: 61
    edited 2017-09-26
    I thought these scripts Where only build for azure vm. To integrate you have to create manually your own scripts Or use the guided setup in NAV.

Maybe you can use your internal dns name? As A test?
  • AitorEGAitorEG Member Posts: 342
    Thanks for your help. I finally made the installation "handmade".
    But when I'm trying to install the ClickOnce, I can see the next error.
    I execute the "Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.application" file, and the instalation starts, it shows the next error:
    f0xrjke6yv54.png

"The host name is invalid"

I'm trying to change this value in the different config files, but nothing is changed. Where should I change this value? How can I know the correct value?

Thank you very much
  • AitorEGAitorEG Member Posts: 342
    Sorry, the problem was that the app was installed, and I must uninstall to install again with the canges. Now, I can see the next error:
    ERROR SUMMARY
    	Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
    	* Activation of C:\inetpub\wwwroot\http\NAV\Deployment\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
    		+ File, ClientUserSettings.config, has a different computed hash than specified in manifest.

I've tried to regenerate again with MAGE, but didnt work. I have also seen this solution:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/gauravb/2008/10/06/clickonce-filename-has-a-different-computed-hash-than-specified-in-manifest/

But I can't save the changed files, because they are in use. Any tip?

Thank you very much