Options

NAV 2016 Disable Print to Word Ctrl-W / Print to Excel Ctrl-E / Print Ctl-P

rsaritzkyrsaritzky Member Posts: 469
Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a way to disable the "Print and Sent" and "Print" functions in NAV2016 for a specific page? We have a page that has confidential data that the user may view, but management does not want them to print.

Please don't respond with comments like "User can always print-screen" or bypass in some other way. I understand that - we are trying to respond to a specific management request. If you have a suggestion of how it CAN be done (disable), please do so.

I have tried creating an action on the page with the same shortcut (e.g. Ctrl-P), but that does not work.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ron
Ron

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓
    I was able to figure out a workaround on this. I was able to create a blank stylesheet and add it to the page under Style Sheet Management. Word still opens, but displays a blank page. Same with Print/Email.
    Ron

Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓
    I was able to figure out a workaround on this. I was able to create a blank stylesheet and add it to the page under Style Sheet Management. Word still opens, but displays a blank page. Same with Print/Email.
    Ron
  • Options
    JuhlJuhl Member Posts: 724
    Just check the CloseAction on OnCloseQueryPage in RequestPage.
    Then issue and error if Format(CloseAction) = 'Preview' or 'Cancel'.
    This catches all button events.
    Follow me on my blog juhl.blog
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestion. However, this doesn't work:

1. The "Send to Excel" / "Send to Word" / "Send to email" events get called/executed before the "OnQueryClosePage" trigger fires.

2. Each of the above actions results in a CloseAction of "OK".

But it was a good try!

Ron
    Ron
  • Options
    JuhlJuhl Member Posts: 724
    Ok, it works on Reports, just in case you need that sometime :-)
    Follow me on my blog juhl.blog