Error while adding database logins in SQL Server option

Jyoti_KapoorJyoti_Kapoor Member Posts: 56
I have just created a new database using Navision's SQL server option and restored a standard 370 backup into the same. While creating the one i used the standard SQL login 'sa' with blank password. It was restored successfully and now when i am trying to add some more logins to it, it is giving me the following error:

"The Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision and SQL Server security systems have not been synchronized successfully. The SQL Server login does not exist on the server."

Can somebody help me on this issue?

Thanks & Regards,
Jyoti Kapoor

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    You need to create the login on SQL Server first, before you can add them to Navision.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    It is applicable to all Database Logins. Windows logins do not need this pre-creation on MS SQL...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
    I have similar issue.

Database security model is standard (SQL2005, NAV5). I have created login in SQL. When I log into Navision, and try to add same username in Database Logins screen, I am getting error message:
    The Microsoft Dynamics NAD and SQL Server security systems have not been synchronized successfully. The SQL Server login NEWLOGIN does not exist on the SQL2005 server.

Any ideas?
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You need to create the login on SQL first if you are using DB Users... (through SQL tools)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • ta5ta5 Member Posts: 1,164
    If the error persist you need imho a higher sql server role, because a member of the public server role does not see the records in the login table of sql server. This is different from the behavior of sql server 2000.

Thomas