Is it possible to change the license using code, cmd prompt or anything else?

lightninglightning Member Posts: 15
As in the question, is it possible to change the license for NAV? I would like to export objects using the command for finsql.exe, however if the database has an end-user license that obviously doesn't allow me to export .txt files. Is there a way to change license for a one time use with the command prompt so i can export the objects?

Answers

• guidorobbenguidorobben Member Posts: 157
    I think if you copy the license in the finsql folder, that flf is used.
  • JuhlJuhl Member Posts: 724
    Powershell if new enough. Or finsql argument
    Follow me on my blog juhl.blog
  • Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    I think if you copy the license in the finsql folder, that flf is used.
    Not if the license is stored on the server or in the database.

Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,116
    Juhl wrote: »
    Powershell if new enough. Or finsql argument
    I did not check Powershell, but I cannot find anything for finsql. Which version does work? What option or setup is to be used? Where is it documented?

What version are you on?
  • lightninglightning Member Posts: 15
    @Juhl I would like to make it work 2013 up if possible. As for the suggestions - they allow me to upload the license into the database, but that is not what i want. I want to be able to export the files from powershell using the finsql Export cmdlet, but i want the license to revert to end-user after i finish the export.

Basically i want to leave the database untouched, use the license file solely for the exporting procedure, then after the command closes i want to have the end-user license back. It would work like a maintenance, where i can do some exports but easily and without the need for running the DevEnvironment manually and exporting the files by hand (and also using the "change" option for license file by hand)

You cant assign temp license with finsql.exe arguments.
    Maybe you need some 3. party tool for this.