Options

XMLPort: OnBeforeInsertRecord is run twice

Hi all,

I'm consuming a NAV 2009 web service in another NAV 2009 database by redirecting the XML response to an XMLPort to import records. The target table is empty. There is no code in the XMLPort.
It appears that for certain records the ObBeforeInsertRecord is run twice, which results in the "the record already exists" error.
I save the XML response to a file and check that the records in question only appear once. They do.
Setting the XMLPort record element to temporary didn't help, as well as some "IF record.get(PrimaryKey) then currXMLport.SKIP;" in OnBeforeInsertRecord.
As I'm fairly new to XMLPorts I'm pretty sure I'm missing something obvious and any help would be appreciated.
OBJECT XMLport 5315151 Artikel Import Webservice
{
  OBJECT-PROPERTIES
  {
    Date=11.09.17;
    Time=12:48:44;
    Modified=Yes;
    Version List=;
  }
  PROPERTIES
  {
    DefaultFieldsValidation=No;
    Format/Evaluate=XML Format/Evaluate;
    DefaultNamespace=urn:microsoft-dynamics-schemas/codeunit/Test;
    UseDefaultNamespace=Yes;
  }
  ELEMENTS
  {
    { [{856F907C-FF78-41F4-923C-01A224C2BE3B}];  ;Envelope            ;Element ;Text     }

{ [{1116D3CA-D807-4A20-A8C4-57AA968B161D}];1 ;Body                ;Element ;Text     }

{ [{41017B74-0E93-453F-9213-BD3F46F23B5A}];2 ;ReadItems_Result    ;Element ;Text     }

{ [{DC532533-B59D-4555-A5CA-32FAD639F39A}];3 ;result              ;Element ;Text    ;
                                                  MinOccurs=Once }

{ [{953DC4D1-5191-44C3-B7B7-1280D1848DF3}];4 ;ExportArtikel       ;Element ;Table   ;
                                                  SourceTable=Table50008;
                                                  Temporary=Yes;
                                                  MinOccurs=Zero }

{ [{E64D2B94-57E9-49C8-991C-44F9CA43B4F1}];5 ;Nr                  ;Element ;Field   ;
                                                  DataType=Code;
                                                  FieldValidate=No;
                                                  SourceField=Test Artikel::Nr. }

{ [{431731D9-AA6E-45D6-BFCC-F6329A0921A2}];5 ;Nr2                 ;Element ;Field   ;
                                                  DataType=Code;
                                                  FieldValidate=No;
                                                  SourceField=Test Artikel::Nummer 2 }

{ [{C5B3C344-5503-42CA-9BB5-B921D9AB0A12}];5 ;Beschreibung        ;Element ;Field   ;
                                                  DataType=Text;
                                                  FieldValidate=No;
                                                  SourceField=Test Artikel::Beschreibung }

this goes on for a couple of dozen fields

{ [{850BC55A-1323-4EB4-9198-030F92C5EF54}];5 ;ModellCode          ;Element ;Field   ;
                                                  DataType=Code;
                                                  FieldValidate=No;
                                                  SourceField=Test Artikel::Modell Code }

{ [{8C5DE225-6493-4D0A-924D-4832ABF5D852}];5 ;PackageCode         ;Element ;Field   ;
                                                  DataType=Code;
                                                  FieldValidate=No;
                                                  SourceField=Test Artikel::Package Code }

}
  EVENTS
  {
  }
  REQUESTPAGE
  {
    PROPERTIES
    {
    }
    CONTROLS
    {
    }
  }
  CODE
  {

BEGIN
    END.
  }
}

Unfortunately the response has 10MB an is too large to post here.

Best Answer

• Options
    AKAK Member Posts: 226
    Answer ✓
    Found the property PreserveWhiteSpace, which deleted the spaces in primary key numbers and made them identical.

Answers

• Options
    thomasbarbutthomasbarbut Member Posts: 25
    edited 2017-09-11
    Hello,

One question:
    Are you sure that the sourcefile does not have duplicate entries?

Also check this thread for skipping records.
    https://forum.mibuso.com/discussion/20448/xmlport-import-tempory-table-currxmlport-skip

best regards,
    Thomas Barbut
  • Options
    Thank you for your advice. But I'm sure that there are no duplicates and skipping the records doesn't work. In the OnBeforeInsertRecord trigger I'm not able to get the record which NAV claims already exists.
    Very weird, I' know.
    May be there is a known bug which may relate to this?
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    Found the property PreserveWhiteSpace, which deleted the spaces in primary key numbers and made them identical.