Amount as text

jfreyjfrey Member Posts: 43
Hello
Is there a function in Navision to convert a numeric field(for example amount) in text? I should write $ 320.-- as threehundredtwenty.

Thanks

Jörg
Navision 3.70, SQL Server 2000, Citrix Metaframe

Comments

• Stéphane_VaboisStéphane_Vabois Member Posts: 17
    Hello, I think you can use the EVALUATE function or FORMAT fonction.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    The conversion of number into text representating the number in words is not standard function. But because many Navision modifications includes some cheque module, the module commonly include such a function...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • bostjanlbostjanl Member Posts: 107
    kine wrote:
    The conversion of number into text representating the number in words is not standard function. But because many Navision modifications includes some cheque module, the module commonly include such a function...

Actualy it is standard function, but is not localized. At least not here in Slovenia.

Check report 1401 - Check, function FormatNoText.

regards

Bostjan
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Oh, new info for me... because in our country nobody is printing cheques, I do not know, that it is in standard... :-) In our country is localized, but I do not know, if the result is correct... :whistle:

Still somethink to learn...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • bostjanlbostjanl Member Posts: 107
    kine wrote:
    Oh, new info for me... because in our country nobody is printing cheques, I do not know, that it is in standard... :-) In our country is localized, but I do not know, if the result is correct... :whistle:

Still somethink to learn...

Nobody uses cheques here also. Report is translated in Slovene language, but result is just "brut" translation from english. No Slovene gramar is used #-o

I was looking for the same functionality (actualy still do) and came across this report.

regards

Bostjan
  • sharkssharks Member Posts: 22
    \:D/

If i'm not mistaken you are looking for a function to convert numbers to words, I have done a small report (http://www.kassinosdevelopers.com/donotdelete/Report_56000_NumberToWords.zip) to help you, use it if you like or check the functionality, I have made it as simple as possible. The main function you must check though is in report 1401 (Print Check) called formatnotext.
  • julkifli33julkifli33 Member Posts: 1,087
    sharks wrote:
    \:D/

If i'm not mistaken you are looking for a function to convert numbers to words, I have done a small report (http://www.kassinosdevelopers.com/donotdelete/Report_56000_NumberToWords.zip) to help you, use it if you like or check the functionality, I have made it as simple as possible. The main function you must check though is in report 1401 (Print Check) called formatnotext.
    your file no longer exist
    do any of you have report amount in words for RTC?
  • mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    what happened to Report 1401 in RTC?
    isn't it working?