Options

Classic report with Zetadocs - different results across test and Live

jonesksjonesks Member Posts: 29
Hi. I have written a Classic report which all seemed to work - preview and it works perfectly. When trying to print to zetadocs - using a customer no. filter it picked up the correct rule and everything worked. However when I ran it for all customers (no filter) although it would create the right documents (set by date, document type and date filters in the code) it would separate each page and use the first rule in the table, then at the end of that document it would move on to the next rule.

Example a two page document for Customer A2 and a one page document for customer E3 would create three separate emails.

The first would be sent to A1, the second page would be sent to A2 and the third page would be sent to A3.

If we had another document after this for Customer F10 - it would be sent to E4.

After a bit of testing - I indented the zetadocs integer and added a line to the OnPostReport() section - CLEAR(ZdSend); which cleared out the Zdsend code unit and allowed it to pick up the correct rule on the next record.

I ran it and all documents print to the correct rule in Zetadocs.

I did my victory dance (Only worked with Nav for six weeks) and then promptly exported my report from our test db (Carbon copy of our Live db) imported it and ran it in live. What I expected was the records to print and a pat on the back from the commercial team - however what I got was

Zetadocs Send Result Record ID 'Customer: CS008' Already Exists.

I am now officially stumped. The code is obviously the same (I exported and imported it) The database is the identical structure - the only difference is that our test db is three months old - no changes have been made to live during that time.

Any clues would be appreciated.

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Ok so found out that actually an attempt was made to upgrade our zetadocs to a newer version on the test db - when it all went wrong they decided not to touch the live db so we have slightly different zetadocs objects! Mystery solved!

Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Ok so found out that actually an attempt was made to upgrade our zetadocs to a newer version on the test db - when it all went wrong they decided not to touch the live db so we have slightly different zetadocs objects! Mystery solved!