Options

NAV 2016 "Customize this page" and "Choose Columns" not visible for a user

rsaritzkyrsaritzky Member Posts: 469
Hi all,

In 2016, one of our users does not have "Customize" listed under the blue "drop-down arrow" on the Role Center. Similarly, if she right-clicks on the column headers on a list page, "Choose Columns" is not visible.

Her permission set assignments are similar to several other users who have no problem getting to these options.

She has no user personalization records.

Does anyone know if you can intentionally limit these options from appearing on a user's Role Center? I am not talking about removing the Departments menu in config mode, just making the "Customize" and "Choose Columns" options visible (if they're not) or invisible (if they are).

Thanks

Ron
Ron

Answers

• Options
    AntHillMobAntHillMob Member Posts: 79
    There is a 'Disable Personalisation' field on the profiles list page, which will do this, but this applies to every user assigned the profile not an individual user.
  • Options
    thomasbarbutthomasbarbut Member Posts: 25
    Hello,

here is explained what @AntHillMob mentioned:
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh168221(v=nav.71).aspx

best regards,
    Thomas Barbut
  • Options
    vivek4121vivek4121 Member Posts: 165
    Hi,

Check the Profile (Profile ID) of the effected user from User Personalization, go to that profile in Profiles and check if the Profile is Disabled or not. If its disabled then enable it and ask the user to reconnect the client to see the effects.
  • Options
    rsaritzkyrsaritzky Member Posts: 469
    Hi all,

Thanks for the suggestions. I should have mentioned that I checked these already. She is assigned a profile that is assigned to a number of other users - that profile is NOT marked as "Disable Personalization" and the other users assigned that profile do not have the same problem.
    Ron